Updates on the Project and Class

Since we have last met i have not been able to interview the stall owners of Hollins Market this week. I recently injured my shoulder and spent all of this weekend and Monday at doctors offices getting scans done. I will be going to the market today at 3:00 today so that I can get some of the stall owners perspectives on everything we are questioning. Also I interviewed Troy from New Beginnings and his interview has been a huge help and really enlightening on the Hollins Market area and also how the community really feels about the War Horse development company. One of my coworkers lives in the Hollins Market area and she told me "It may be the hood, but its a phenomenal community to live in and I wouldn't leave this neighborhood anytime soon."

This project overall has provided me a different perspective on neighborhoods in Baltimore City. When you look at the news you always see some type of murder or crime being reported and you start to think that Baltimore is a city full of violence. After this and when everyone gets to see how this project turns out I think they will see a completely different side of Baltimore and makes it a more desirable place to visit and possibly live once you really get the full experience.


Comments

Popular Posts