First Interview and what not

So this past Monday i had the opportunity of interviewing the owner of the New Day Gallery, Robert Williams. During the interview i got the chance to see the inside of his store which was filled with all sorts of African art from all over that continent. As the interview progressed I was able to see that Mr. Robert is a very well liked member of the community who is well respected by the people of the Hollins neighborhood. He also gave me an insight of what the area looked like before he opened his shop when he started there were not many businesses in that area in the early 90's, but now when you look at it, the area has become a local hub for small businesses. After the interview I had developed a complete different perspective on Robert Williams, from what I thought he would be like from his demeanor, I learned to not judge a book by its cover.

With the project I really am looking forward to seeing how the zene is going to be layed out and what more needs to be done. I also love the way the website has come along. I realize that i also may need to complete another interview with Robert because the audio on the first one wasn't that good in certain parts and more importantly I have more questions that i want to ask him. I also need to get the contact information for the landlord of his building because he would be able to give me a more complete history on 1100 Hollins, but also if he had any information on the Eitemiller family since Robert did not have much information in it. Overall this project is coming along nicely and i cant wait to see what everyone else has done so far.

Comments

Popular Posts